BTDL Gallery

Friday, June 6, 2008

Inspiration

It is the middle of the night, and I can't sleep. I didn't watch a scary movie, no one in my house has a fever, and it most definitely isn't the pile of laundry waiting to be folded. There is always a pile of laundry to be folded in my house.

No. It is the small stack of scrapbook paper I splurged on today, sitting quietly in my scrap room. New and beautiful 12x12 patterned paper, fresh from the local scrapbook store. The pretty pinks from Basic Grey's "Sugared" line... the distressed loveliness from My Mind's Eyes newest "Wild Asparagus" series... The whimsical and haunting flourishes of the "FLEURISTE" papers from Cosmo Cricket...Images of double matted photos are dancing in my head, and when I remember the cute grosgrain ribbon curled up next to that pile of paper, I have to get out of bed. Who cares that it is 3am? There is paper that needs to be trimmed!

The designers at BTDL are often asked, "Where do you get your ideas?" Many times, it is a fabulous product that gets the creativity going. Song lyrics, old family photos, movie titles, that adorable picture taken at last week's family barbecue... what inspires you?

We would love to hear some of your stories of favorite inspired layouts, unusual sources of inspiration... What inspires you?

1 comment:

Simply Sentimental said...

Great blog and beautiful work from the BTDL ladies...Please contact me if you all want to advertise your website on my blog.

~Sydnei

http://www.customcreationsbysydnei.blogspot.com